mike’s® Hard Lemonade Patriot PAWS Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. This Sweepstakes is open ONLY to the legal U.S. residents of THE STATES OF Arkansas, colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, AND TEXAS who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void ELSEWHERE AND where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of the States of Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize: Mark Anthony Brands Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Patriot PAWS Service Dogs (“Patriot PAWS”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions), as well as alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). For the avoidance of doubt, persons who donate or volunteer to Patriot PAWS may enter the Sweepstakes provided that they are otherwise eligible for the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and HP2 Promotions (the independent judging organization) which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET September 7, 2021.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes.
Method No. 1: Text Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, send a Text Message Entry (“TME”) by texting “PATRIOTPAWS” from your handset addressed to short code 55678. A valid TME will receive an automatic reply substantially in the form as follows: “Thx for ur Text! You must be 21+ to enter. Reply w/birthdate in format MM/DD/YYYY.” Once you send the text message and if you are 21 or older, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on September 7, 2021. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. A prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. Message and data rates apply to use of Entry Method No. 1. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan BEFORE using Entry Method No. 1 to enter the Sweepstakes. Not all wireless providers feature necessary service to participate in the Sweepstakes via Entry Method No. 1. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
Entry Method No. 2 – Mail: To enter without submitting a text, during the Sweepstakes Period print your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and “patriotpaws” Sweepstakes on a 3” x 5” card and mail in an envelope to: HP2 Promotions, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All entries must be postmarked by September 8, 2021 and received by September 15, 2021. Limit of one (1) mail entry per outer envelope. Copied/mechanically reproduced mail entries will not be accepted.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. ET until 11:59:59 p.m. ET) during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. But Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted or jumbled entries/text message/SMS transmissions or mail entries (as applicable), regardless of cause; and, all such entries are void. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for postage due mail.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be available to be won. Winner will name and present a *Patriot PAWS service dog to a deserving veteran at a fundraising Banquet for *Patriot PAWS Service Dogs to be held on Saturday, October 16, 2021 in Rockwall, TX. Prize includes tickets for winner and one (1) guest to attend the fundraising Banquet on Saturday, October 16, 2021 in Rockwall, TX, one (1) $1,000 Gift Card to be used for travel expenses and one (1) $270 Gift Card that may be used to purchase a 12-month pet subscription box. (Gift Card Issuers will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion and Gift Cards are subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). Winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and be a legal resident of the United States or District of Columbia and must sign and return a Liability, Eligibility and Publicity Release Form (where lawful) prior to attending the Banquet. Winner and their guest must provide their own transportation to and from the Banquet and will be responsible for overnight hotel stay, if desired. All other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of a winner. (Winner is NOT required to make a donation of any kind to Patriot PAWS in conjunction with prize.) If potential winner cannot attend the Banquet for any reason, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion (time permitting). No other prize will be awarded. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $1,270.00.
Should guest fail to timely return the Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful) or if winner chooses to attend the Banquet without a guest, winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation of any kind.
Menu for meal at Banquet will be set by Patriot PAWS in its sole discretion. While Patriot PAWS will endeavor to accommodate the dietary restrictions of winner and guest if provided with sufficient notice of same prior to the Banquet, Patriot PAWS and Sponsor disclaim any and all liability should Patriot PAWS fail to address the dietary restrictions or winner and guest or if winner and/or guest not find the menu for meal to their liking.
Winner’s suggested name for the service dog is subject to pre-approval by Sponsor and Patriot PAWS in their sole discretion. Without limitation, suggested names will be rejected if they violate any of the following conditions:
- Reference consumption of alcohol beverages;
- Include hate speech of any kind which demeans/degrades/insults a person because of his/her race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender or gender identification, sexual orientation or any other characteristic;
- Advocate violence, drug use or criminal conduct of any kind;
- Infringe upon the right of any third party or entity, such as third party trademarks or the names of celebrities;
- Include content that appeals to persons under the legal drinking age, such as cartoon characters;
- Include content that suggests that mike’s HARD premium malt beverage has any health benefit;
- Include content that is obscene, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable;
- Include content that adversely affects the reputation or goodwill of Sponsor or its mike’s HARD brand, Patriot PAWS or its charitable mission, or is insulting to U.S. military veterans.
As between the winner and Patriot PAWS, the approved name of the service dog shall be the sole property of Patriot PAWS. In exchange for the prize as good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the winner assigns and transfers any and all right, title and interest he/she has in the name of the service dog to Patriot PAWS. The preceding includes the goodwill appurtenant to such name of the service dog as well as the right to file and prosecute any trademark applications for such name, and the right to sue for and collect damages for and pursue other relief in conjunction with any alleged infringement of such name. Without limitation, winner acknowledges that he/she will not receive any royalty, payment, compensation, consideration or other relief with respect to the name of the service dog.
Winner and guest must wear appropriate attire to the Banquet; acknowledge that any private recording of the Banquet may be restricted by Patriot PAWS (and perhaps subject to the prior approval of Patriot PAWS) in its sole discretion; and agree to behave at all times in an appropriate manner during the Banquet. (For winner, the preceding includes following all instructions of Sponsor and Patriot PAWS as to the presentation of the service dog to the veteran [“Presentation Ceremony”]; and, winner further agrees to treat the veteran with due respect at all times and to refrain from using the presentation of the service dog as a forum for sharing his/her personal opinions as to matter of American politics and/or governmental policy.) Failure to do so will result in expulsion of winner and/or guest from the Banquet, as appropriate, without liability of any kind and winner perhaps forfeiting the $1,000 gift card component of the prize. If Sponsor and Patriot PAWS determine that the behavior in question is sufficiently egregious, repeated or blatant, Sponsor and/or Patriot PAWS may seek additional legal sanctions against winner and/or guest, as appropriate.
Patriot PAWS shall control all aspects of the Presentation Ceremony, including but not limited to the identity of the specific service dog and the veteran who will receive the service dog; the duration of the Presentation Ceremony and the winner’s role in same (including whether or not winner has the opportunity to speak during the Presentation Ceremony.)
Winner will not receive any tax deduction or charitable benefit in conjunction with acceptance and use of prize.
The date of the Banquet is subject to change (and possible cancellation) in the sole discretion of Patriot PAWS; should the date of the Banquet change (or if it is cancelled altogether), Sponsor will attempt to award the prize but reserves the right to award a substitute prize of comparable value in lieu thereof without liability of any kind.
SPECIAL CAUTION: COVID-19: Winner and his/her guest understand and agree that attending the fundraising Banquet for Patriot PAWS Service Dogs (in Rockwall, Texas) is inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic which is a highly contagious and communicable disease for which a vaccine may not be readily available throughout Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas; and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each assumes any and all risks of illness or injury which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from attending the Banquet. Without limitation, prize winner and guest each expressly acknowledge that, notwithstanding the safety precautions taken by the organizers of the Banquet and the venue hosting same, it is possible that he/she may still contract COVID-19/Coronavirus and/or infect others even if he/she is asymptomatic. Additionally, prize winner/guest understand and agree that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus, Sponsor may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the Banquet with little (if any) advanced notice; and, in such case, the liability of Sponsor to winner will not exceed the approximate retail value of the prize (as set forth above), with Sponsor having no liability whatsoever to guest.
Grand Prize winner and guest also agree to fully comply with all private restrictions of the organizer of the Banquet and the venue hosting same as well as any and all applicable governmental regulations, laws and policies designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19/Coronavirus which may include but are not limited to mask-wearing, abiding by social distancing requirements, undergoing temperature and/or virus checks, and/or attesting to their health and well-being prior to attending the Banquet.
Grand Prize winner and guest further understand and agree that Sponsor has not obtained any insurance for them relative to attending the Banquet In all cases, Grand Prize winner and guest indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor as well as Patriot PAWS Service Dogs from any and all liability which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from attending the Banquet.
Forty (40) First Prizes will be available to be won. Winners each receive one (1) $270 generic Gift Card that may be used to purchase a 12-month pet subscription box. (Gift Card Issuer will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion and Gift Card is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). Retail Value of each First Prize is $270.00
Alcohol beverages are not part of any prize. Total Retail Value of all prizes is $2,090.
- Winners Determination/Odds: Winners will be determined in a random drawing on or about September 16, 2021 by HP2 Promotions, an independent organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes or Sponsor. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by text message, email or phone (specific method[s] of notification being of Sponsor’s sole choosing) on or about September 16, 2021.ill be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) within two (2) business days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion (time permitting). The Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) will include the aforementioned assignment of rights in and to the name of the service dog by prize winner to Patriot PAWS. First Prize winners will be required to sign a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) within three (3) business days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If potential Grand Prize winner or potential First Prize winners cannot be contacted for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting).
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash (except for gift card component of prize where required by applicable law). A prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on a prize are a winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting a prize, a winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem a prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem a prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of a winner.
Taxes on a prize are a winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize winner will be issued W-9 IRS Tax Form with the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and a subsequent 1099 IRS Form. Upon receipt of a prize, a winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning a prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, A PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Releases: By participating, entrants indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless (a) Mark Anthony Brands Inc. and Patriot PAWS and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions); and (b) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of a prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, Mark Anthony Brands Inc., makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding a prize; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees (including Patriot PAWS), without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind. The preceding includes but is not limited to any re-broadcast of the Banquet, in whole or in part, by Sponsor and/or Patriot PAWS.
- Text Message Entry Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging solely regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute as to identity of a text message, an entrant’s entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for text message communications/entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of text message communications/entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of text message communications/entries in this Sweepstakes. Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a prize if any entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void a prize that an entrant may have won and/or require the return of a prize that an entrant may have won as a rule of such importer conduct. Entrants further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a prize and/or return of a prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, pandemic, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s mobile device which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any text message communications sent by or sent to Sponsor which is not properly and timely received and accessible by Sponsor or its agencies for any reason. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect text message entries received or otherwise in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing (for text message entries, to the extent feasible) shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible (for text message entries), Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by duly authorized representatives of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to conflict of law/choice of law doctrines of Illinois (or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Illinois). To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- Winners List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “PATRIOTPAWS”, 328 S. Jefferson Street, Suite 1050, Chicago, IL 60661. All requests must be received by October 21, 2021. Winners list will be available after November 4, 2020.
Sponsor: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL 60661
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or authorized by or otherwise associated with the United States Government, including the United States Armed Forces.
All Registered Trademarks, used under license by Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., Chicago, IL 60661
MIKE’S IS HARD. SO IS PRISON. DON’T DRIVE DRUNK ® PREMIUM MALT BEVERAGE.