White Claw® 2021 Billboard Latin Music Awards Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. This SWEEPSTAKES is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Alaska and Hawaii and wherEVER prohibited or restricted by law.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., MRC MEDIA, LLC (referred to herein as “Billboard”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, including HP2 Promotions (“HP2”), as well as alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and HP2 (the independent judging organization) which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET August 15, 2021.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes.
Entry Method No. 1 – Text: During the Sweepstakes Period, send a Text Message Entry (“TME”) by texting “WCLATINBILL” from your handset addressed to short code 55678. A valid TME will receive an automatic reply substantially in the form as follows: “Thx for ur Text! You must be 21+ to enter. Reply w/birthdate in format MM/DD/YYYY.” Once you send the text message and if you are 21 or older, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 15, 2021. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Prizes will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. Message and data rates apply to use of Entry Method No. 1. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan BEFORE using Entry Method No. 1 to enter the Sweepstakes. Not all wireless providers feature necessary service to participate in the Sweepstakes via Entry Method No. 1. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
Entry Method No. 2 – Mail-in: To enter without submitting a text, during the Sweepstakes Period print your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and “WCLATINBILL” Sweepstakes on a 3” x 5” card and mail in an envelope to: HP2 Promotions, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All entries must be postmarked by August 16, 2021 and received by August 23, 2021. Limit of one (1) mail entry per outer envelope. Copied/mechanically reproduced mail entries will not be accepted.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. ET until 11:59:59 p.m. ET) during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. But Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted or jumbled entries/text message/SMS transmissions or mail entries (as applicable), regardless of cause; and, all such entries are void. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for postage due mail.
- Prizes: Four (4) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Winners will each receive two (2) tickets (for winner and one  guest) to attend the 2021 or 2022 Billboard Latin Music Awards (the “Event”). Actual dates (and locations??) of the Event (in 2021 or 2022) have not been finalized; historically, the Event has taken place in April in Las Vegas.
Whether the winner attends the 2021 or 2022 edition of the Event will be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion and winner will be advised accordingly at time of winner notification. A winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States or District of Columbia and must sign and return a Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) prior to attending the Event/accompanying the winner on the trip. Prize includes round-trip coach air travel for a winner and one (1) verified guest from a major commercial airport nearest the winner’s residence*, three (3) days/two (2) nights consecutive hotel accommodations for a winner and one (1) guest based on double occupancy (standard room). If a potential winner cannot attend the Event (in 2021 or 2022, once the Sponsor has determined whether the prize includes the 2021 or 2022 edition of the Event), the prize will be forfeited and an alternate may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A winner and their guest must travel together on same itinerary as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A winner and their guest must provide their own transportation to and from the departure airport. All other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of a winner, including but not limited to gratuities, souvenirs, meals. Trip is subject to availability and other restrictions. No other prize will be awarded.
Approximate Retail Value of each prize is $2,800.00 Should actual value of a prize be less than the stated Approximate Retail Value, a winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is $11,200.00.
*If a winner’s residence is within reasonable driving distance of the Event as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, he/she will be responsible for ground transportation; and, winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction with such substitution. If a winner chooses to travel without a guest (or guest does not timely return signed Liability and Publicity Release [where lawful]), a winner will receive a prize in increments appropriate for a single traveler (i.e., the winner him/herself) and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith; without limitation, the winner will only receive one (1) ticket to the Event, and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
SPECIAL CAUTION: COVID-19: Each Grand Prize winner and his/her guest understand and agree that travel is inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic which is a highly contagious and communicable disease for which a vaccine currently is not readily available throughout the 48 contiguous United States; and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each assumes any and all risks of illness or injury which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from prize travel. Without limitation, Grand Prize winner and guest each expressly acknowledge that, notwithstanding the safety precautions taken by Billboard in conjunction with staging Event, as well as air carrier, hotel property, and other providers of travel-related services, it is possible that he/she may still contract COVID-19/Coronavirus and/or infect others even if he/she is asymptomatic. Additionally, Grand Prize winner/guest understand and agree that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus, Billboard may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the Event (regardless of whether it take places in 2021 or 2022) and/or Sponsor may be compelled to modify/postpone/cancel the trip perhaps with little (if any) advanced notice; and, in such case, the liability of Sponsor and Billboard to winner will not exceed the approximate retail value of the Grand Prize (as set forth above), with Sponsor and Billboard having no liability whatsoever to guest.
Grand Prize Winner and guest further understand and agree that Sponsor and Billboard have not obtained any travel or other insurance for them relative to attending the Event or any other aspect of the trip. In all cases, Grand Prize winner and guest indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor and Billboard from any and all liability which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the trip.
Grand Prize Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner (including following all private guidance from venue operator and other prize suppliers as well as governmental mandates intended and designed to prevent contracting and/or spreading COVID-19/Coronavirus; such as, maintaining social distancing, mask-wearing and testing for the virus); and, should winner and/or guest fail to do so, Grand Prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor and/or Billboard may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest.
Alcohol beverages are not part of a prize. Tickets are subject to Terms and Conditions stated thereon; this includes a prohibition on resale of the tickets. Actual seat location will be determined by Sponsor and Billboard. A winner and/or guest must abide by all venue policies. Sponsor and Billboard, reserve the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner and/or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deem may, in its sole discretion, behave in an inappropriate, belligerent or unruly manner, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Sponsor and Billboard into disrepute; and, under such circumstances, Sponsor and Billboard shall NOT have any liability or obligation of any kind.
- Winners Determination/Odds: Winners will be determined in a random drawing on or about August 24, 2021 by HP2, an independent judging organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes or Sponsor. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. A winner will be notified by text, phone or mail (specific method[s] of notification being of Sponsor’s sole choosing as well as depending on entry method used) on or about August 24, 2021 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where legal) within three (3) business days of notification or such shorter time period as indicated in notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected.
- General Conditions: Limit of one prize per person, household or address. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash. A prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on a prize are each winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting a prize, a winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. All costs and expenses associated with a prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner.
Taxes on a prize are each winner’s sole responsibility. Each winner will be issued W-9 IRS Tax Form with the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and a subsequent 1099 IRS Form. Upon receipt of a prize, a winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsors makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning a prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SAID PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ONLY WARRANTIES ON SAID PRIZE (IF ANY) ARE THOSE OF THE CORRESPONDING PRIZE SUPPLIER.
- Releases: By participating, entrants indemnifies, release and agree to hold harmless (a) Mark Anthony Brands Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2); and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; and (b) Billboard, parent, partners, divisions, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, affiliates, and employees from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of a prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, Mark Anthony Brands Inc., makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding a prize; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees, without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind.
- Text Message Entry Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging solely regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute as to identity of a text message, an entrant’s entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for text message communications/entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of text message communications/entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of text message communications/entries in this Sweepstakes. Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award any prize if any entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void any prize that an entrant may have won and/or require the return of a prize that an entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrants further acknowledge that any forfeiture of any prize and/or return of any prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, pandemic, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s mobile device which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any text message communications sent by or sent to Sponsor which is not properly and timely received and accessible by Sponsor or its agencies for any reason. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will select winners from all eligible, non-suspect text message entries received and all eligible mail entries received or otherwise in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing (for text message entries, to the extent feasible) shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible (for text message entries), Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by duly authorized representatives of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to conflict of law/choice of law doctrines of Illinois (or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Illinois). To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- Winners List: For winners list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “WCLATINBILL”, 328 S. Jefferson Street, Suite 1050, Chicago, IL 60661. All requests must be received by September 28, 2021. Winners list will be available after October 12, 2021.
Sponsor: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL 60661
All Registered Trademarks, used under license by White Claw Seltzer Works, Chicago, IL 60661. Nutritional information available at whiteclaw.com
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY. HARD SELTZER WITH FLAVORS.
MRC MEDIA, LLC is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the verification of winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to MRC MEDIA, LLC.
Last Updated on March 30, 2021 5:47 PM