White Claw® Hard Seltzer Lake House Getaway 2021 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. This Sweepstakes is open ONLY to the legal U.S. residents of THE STATES OF ILLINOIS, KANSAS, MISSOURI, AND OKLAHOMA who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void ELSEWHERE AND where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of the states of Illinois, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize: Mark Anthony Brands Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions), as well as alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and HP2 Promotions (the independent judging organization) which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET July 19, 2021.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes.
Entry Method No. 1 – Text: During the Sweepstakes Period, send a Text Message Entry (“TME”) by texting “CLAWHOUSE21” from your handset addressed to short code 55678. A valid TME will receive an automatic reply substantially in the form as follows: “Thx for ur Text! You must be 21+ to enter. Reply w/birthdate in format MM/DD/YYYY.” Once you send the text message and if you are 21 or older, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on July 19, 2021. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. Message and data rates apply to use of Entry Method No. 1. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan BEFORE using Entry Method No. 1 to enter the Sweepstakes. Not all wireless providers feature necessary service to participate in the Sweepstakes via Entry Method No. 1. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
Entry Method No. 2 – Mail-in: To enter without submitting a text, during the Sweepstakes Period print your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and “CLAWHOUSE21” Sweepstakes on a 3” x 5” card and mail in an envelope to: HP2 Promotions, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All entries must be postmarked by July 20, 2021 and received by July 27, 2021. Limit of one (1) mail entry per outer envelope. Copied/mechanically reproduced mail entries will not be accepted.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. ET until 11:59:59 p.m. ET) during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. But Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted or jumbled entries/text message/SMS transmissions or mail entries (as applicable), regardless of cause; and, all such entries are void. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for postage due mail.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be available to be awarded. Winner will receive housing accommodations for winner and *up to seven (7) guests to stay at a waterfront Lake House at the Lake of the Ozarks in central Missouri (Osage Beach, Missouri) on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday August 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23, 2021. Winner’s guest(s) must be 21 years of age or older, a legal resident of the United States or District of Columbia, reside in the same area as the winner and must sign and return a Guest’s Liability, Eligibility and Publicity Release (where lawful) prior to stay. Prize includes five (5) days/four (4) nights consecutive housing accommodations for winner and up to seven (7) guests in a waterfront Lake House at the Lake of the Ozarks in Osage Beach, Missouri and an exclusive 8-hour yacht cruise with captain on Saturday, August 21, 2021 (yacht rental will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion; yacht cruise is subject to weather conditions and, if cancelled or terminated prior to end of 8 hour period due to inclement weather (as determined by the captain in his/her professional judgment), Sponsor shall not have any liability to winner other than awarding the remaining elements of the Grand Prize; food/beverages will not be provided during the yacht cruise). All other expenses not specified in these Official Rules (e.g., ground transportation to and from Lake of the Ozarks in Osage Beach, Missouri, meals, supplies [e.g., toilet paper, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent] beyond start-up supplies for first day of occupancy of Lake House, food/beverages during stay in Lake House and other incidentals) are the sole responsibility of the winner. No other prize will be awarded. Approximate Retail Value of prize: up to $6,000.00. Should actual value of Grand Prize be less than the stated Approximate Retail Value, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise. Sponsor has not obtained accident, property, life or other insurance of any kind on behalf of winner and guest(s) in conjunction with prize, including but not limited to yacht cruise and any activities in conjunction with stay at Lake House; if desired, winner and guest(s) are solely responsible for securing same at their sole expense.
*If winner chooses to accept the prize with fewer than seven (7) guests, he/she will receive the Grand Prize in increments appropriate for the actual number of guests and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith. The preceding may include, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, modification of the specific Lake House accommodations.
Alcohol beverages are not part of prize. Lake House and yacht cruise are not wheelchair accessible; if winner or guest(s) cannot stay at Lake House and/or take yacht cruise, Sponsor shall not have any liability other than awarding the remaining elements of the Grand Prize. Winner and winner’s guest(s) must abide by all Lake House policies** and conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner; Sponsor and/or Lake House landlord may eject winner and/or winner’s guest(s) from the Lake House if winner and/or winner’s guest(s) behave in an inappropriate, belligerent or unruly manner as determined by Sponsor and/or Lake House landlord in their sole discretion; and, under such circumstances, Sponsor and/or Lake House landlord shall NOT have any liability or obligation to winner and/or winner’s guest(s) of any kind. In such instance, Sponsor and/or Lake House landlord may also seek damages against winner and/or winner’s guest(s) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Winner must also supply a valid major credit card in conjunction with Lake House stay. Winner agrees to authorize Sponsor and/or Administrator to charge such credit card for damage to Lake House and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, waives any right to dispute such charges.
**Such Lake House policies include the “House Rules” for staying at the Lake House, which will be provided to winner and winner’s guest(s) at the time of prize award. By way of example only, the Lake House is a non-smoking and no-pet property; parties/events are prohibited at the Lake House; the Lake House limits occupancy to a certain number of persons at any given time; winner and winner’s guest(s) must keep noise at the Lake House to a reasonable volume so as not to disturb neighbors; winner and winner’s guest(s) must not damage the Lake House beyond normal wear-and-tear; at the end of the stay, the Lake House must be left clean and in good condition. Winner and each guest must sign documentation indicating their agreement to the Lake House policies as a condition of staying at the Lake House.
SPECIAL CAUTION: COVID-19: Grand Prize winner and his/her guest(s) understand and agree that taking the Trip to Lake House at the Lake of the Ozarks (the “Trip”) in central Missouri (Osage Beach, Missouri) is inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic which is a highly contagious and communicable disease for which a vaccine may not be readily available throughout Illinois, Kansas and Missouri; and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each assumes any and all risks of illness or injury which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from taking the Trip. Without limitation, prize winner and guest(s) each expressly acknowledge that, notwithstanding the safety precautions taken by the suppliers of the Lake House and Yacht Cruise, it is possible that he/she may still contract COVID-19/Coronavirus and/or infect others even if he/she is asymptomatic. Additionally, prize winner/guest(s) understand and agree that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus, Sponsor may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the Trip with little (if any) advanced notice; and, in such case, the liability of Sponsor to winner will not exceed the approximate retail value of the prize (as set forth above), with Sponsor having no liability whatsoever to guest(s).
Grand Prize winner and guest(s) also agree to fully comply with all private restrictions of the suppliers of the Lake House and Yacht Cruise as well as any and all applicable governmental regulations, laws and policies designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19/Coronavirus which may include but are not limited to mask-wearing, abiding by social distancing requirements, undergoing temperature and/or virus checks, and/or attesting to their health and well-being prior to taking the Trip.
Grand Prize winner and guest(s) further understand and agree that Sponsor has not obtained any travel or other insurance for them relative to taking the Trip. In all cases, Grand Prize winner and guest(s) indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from taking the Trip.
- Winner Determination/Odds: Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about July 28, 2021 by HP2, an independent judging organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by text message, e-mail or phone (specific method[s] of notification being of Sponsor’s sole choosing as well as depending upon method of entry) on or about July 28, 2021 and will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) within three (3) business days of notification (or such shorter time period as indicated on notification) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Among its other provisions, the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) will include the potential winner’s affirmation that (a) he/she will be solely responsible for all unspecified expenses relative to acceptance and use of the prize and (b) his/her credit card may be charged for damage to Lake House. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if the potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion and only then for prize/prize component of comparable value. (Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to replace Missouri with another destination/locale for Lake House.) Said prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash. Said prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on said prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting said prize, the winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of said prize.
Taxes on said prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Winner will be issued W-9 IRS Tax Form with the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and a subsequent 1099 IRS Form. Upon receipt of said prize, winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning said prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ONLY WARRANTIES AS TO THE LAKE HOUSE ARE THOSE OF THE LAKE HOUSE LANDLORD; WINNER AND WINNER’S GUEST(S) WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIDE IN THE LAKE HOUSE DURING THE DESIGNATED PERIOD AND ALL UTILITIES AND APPLIANCES AVAILABLE AT THE LAKE HOUSE WILL BE IN WORKING ORDER AS OF THE START OF SUCH DESIGNATED PERIOD. THE ONLY WARRANTIES OF THE YACHT CRUISE ARE THOSE OF THE PROVIDER OF SAME.
- Releases: By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless (a) Mark Anthony Brands Inc., their parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions); and (b) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of said prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, Mark Anthony Brands Inc., makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding said prize; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of said prize constitutes the winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees, without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind.
- Text Message Entry Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging solely regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute as to identity of a text message entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for text message communications/entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or due to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of text message communications/entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of text message communications/entries in this Sweepstakes. Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the prize if any entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void the prize that an entrant may have won and/or require the return of the prize that an entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrants further acknowledge that any forfeiture of the prize and/or return of the prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, disease, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s mobile device which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any text message communications sent by or sent to Sponsor which are not properly and timely received and accessible by Sponsor or its agencies for any reason. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible mail entries received and all eligible, non-suspect text entries received for the drawing or otherwise in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing (to the extent feasible) shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules (i.e., one prize) are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by duly authorized representatives of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to conflict of law/choice of law doctrines of Illinois (or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Illinois). To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- Winner’s List: For winner’s name, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “clawhouse21”, 328 S. Jefferson Street, Suite 1050, Chicago, IL 60661. All requests must be received by August 25, 2021. Winner’s name will be available after September 8, 2021.
Sponsor: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL 60661
All Registered Trademarks, used under license by White Claw Seltzer Works, Chicago, IL 60661. Nutritional information available at whiteclaw.com
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY. HARD SELTZER WITH FLAVORS.